you could be anywhere in the world but you are here reading me

<3 thanks

Monday, May 19, 2014

Trip to the emergency room.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I care about animals, one of my pashions. And my pets are family!

Most of you know my black lab ford. He is a British block head lab. We had got him when I first got pregnant with aspin. Making ford almost 9. And OK he is a bit over weight.

We found him really sick when we got back from the zoo, he couldn't control his bladder , and didn't have control of his body, foaming at the mouth and flinging his head back. Wow I still can picture it as I'm writing this. Was so scary and I couldn't do anything to help him, probably one of the worst situations you can be in.

My vet was closed I took him to closet vet hospital,  to be honest I didn't think he was going to make it.

Him being 135 lbs we struggled to get him in the car to go. After getting him to the vet they ran blood work. Everything came back fine ! I was relieved a bit cause first thing I thought was limes. But now all blood work came back good now what? She said it had to be something neroligical. I had 2 choices .... I could let him there to be monitored overnight with iv and steroids or transport him (4000) to a hospital that did mris.  I said to monitor him overnight as he was already coming back to himself.

As I left him there overnight sick with strangers I never met and didn't have his stuffed animal to give him. I walked away worried then he went to stand up to follow me, I knew he was feeling better. As before he couldn't even follow his eyes. Was a long 12 hours waiting for vet to call back! Finally 9 am I call. They said he was 100% better. I can come take him home. Hard to believe, and needed to see myself to be the judge of that. Rase down to get him.

Waiting patiently in the waiting room just waiting for him to get brought out . And i heard it ... his tail hitting each side of the hallway on the way out. He was himself and so happy to see me ready to leave!

It's been 3 days. He has been on steroids 2 times a day. He is 100% better than he was ! But not 100% himself. Let's hope the medicine helps. I don't know who comes up with the price of vet bills but no wonder you see some deserted at shelters. Too expensive and when you can't afford it they fine you.  Shame sad world.

No comments: