you could be anywhere in the world but you are here reading me

<3 thanks

Monday, May 19, 2014

Off to the zoo... I hope they don't want to keep us.

Well Aspins 2nd grade field trip was today! Another school year coming to a ending, wow time goes so fast. And aspin is growing into such a sweet thoughtful person. I love to be able to go on school trips with him! This year we went to the Pittsburgh zoo and aquarium.  it was a rainy day but nothing a poncho and a umbrella couldn't handle. Thankfully it wasn't cold.

We had a great time! Seeing these big aquariums make me miss our big fish tank. I could never keep the water right and had a hard time always lost fish and was a hot mess. But seeing these neat ones makes me almost want to try again ( my husband would never want me to! ) guess I  wasn't meant to have fish lol however the tunnel we walked under with the sharks was so cool! But that fish with the big teeth was Aspins favorite. ( picture below. If you know what kind it is let me know! ) 

We got to the polar bears and however there was a sign saying bears will not be out during mating season... they where and 2 where quite friendly. Lol some kids got a kick out of it , and as for me and the other chaperones we tried not to look or smile and change topic :) lol

Overall I'd say the kids loved the baby gorilla the most! He got a lot of awes and look it's a baby screams from all the kids. I must admit he was cute. Only if I could talk my husband into that being a new pet lol

Aspin stopped at the stores all throughout the zoo and after careful thinking and figuring out what he wanted. He picked out a sharks tooth necklace , bookmark and a leopard stuffed animal. Great choices if I say so myself :) we had a great day. And aspin was happy I went all that matters! We dried off on the drive home anyway. 

If your ever around Pittsburgh the zoo is for sure a fun place to stop. Prices are very reasonable.  Nice clean zoo.

No comments: