- Under one week- Eyes shut, ears flat to head, skin looks pinkish. Part of umbilical cord may still be attached. Weight < 4oz.
- 1 week-10 days- Eyes beginning to open, ears still flat. A kitten this age is smaller than your hand. 4 to 6oz weight.
- 2 weeks- Eyes open bright blue color, kittens will crawl a bit on their tummies, and basically just sleep and nurse. No teeth yet. 6 to 8oz. weight.
- 3 weeks- Eyes are fully open, ears are erect, teeth are becoming visible, may just be begining to come through the gums Kittens this age are just starting to walk and will be very wobbly. 8 to 12 oz weight.
- 4-5 weeks- Kittens have begun to pounce and leap. Kittens this age will begin to eat regular cat food, and will begin to use a litter box. They are still quite small at this age. they will weigh anywhere from 1/2 lb to 1 lb.
- 6-7 weeks- Kittens are quite active and weigh about 1 pound to 1 an 1/2 pounds Their eye color, changes from blue to its permanent color. May still be friendly and approach people. Very playful at this stage.
- 8 weeks- Kittens this age weigh approximately 1 and 1/2 pounds to 2 pounds. If they have not been exposed to humans, they will likely be feral and unapproachable.
Saturday, June 21, 2014
Saturday, June 14, 2014
So look who's taking over my house :)
Most of you know we had kittens by accident. But a cute one right?? My son is so proud of these kittens, it's too cute. We are in the process of naming them ( what to see personality first ) until the naming blog .. this is their 4 week update!
Monday, June 2, 2014
I plan on going to take pictures of the address she gave me, and visit her in the nursing home. if she will remember me or not , and if the address is right no idea. but I told her I would and I am good with my word.
So I went to a local flea market this weekend.
This older guy (guessing he was in his late 60s ) covered in old school tattoos, walked up to me. He smiled and said you are beautiful, but I must ask how's the world treating you. ( meaning being heavily tattooed)
My reply was simply the key to life is never worry about what other people think. He then smiled and agreed the key to life is never get old.
Smart man. I agreed and went on my way.